Longarm Quilting Service - Information
Our options for Longarm Quilting include:
- Edge-to-Edge Quilting: all-over, edge to edge designs which form a continuous pattern over the entire surface of your quilt. We have a vast library of digital designs that may be sized to fit your needs. $3.50 per square foot
- Custom Quilting: Any quilting that deviates from a standard edge-to-edge will be priced as custom quilting. From different block or border designs to echoing applique, there are infinite options for custom quilting! You can choose from our extensive libraries of patterns that will fit the personality of your quilt. Price between .05 and .09 per sq in, depending on intricacy. We will likely need to see your quilt in person and get an idea of what you're looking for to be able to give you an estimate.
When you drop your quilt off:
- We will measure your quilt top, backing, and batting. Both the backing and batting must be at least 3" larger than your quilt top on all sides.
- We will give you the opportunity to choose thread color and quilting design. We're happy to help with these decisions!
- We will help you choose from our selection of batting on the roll. Our batting comes in 96" or 108" wide, and is sold by the yard, so you only buy what you need.
- If you don't have backing for your quilt, we will help you choose from our selection of 108" wide fabrics. Don't see a 108" you like? Any fabric in the store will do, and we'll piece it for you!
- By default, all of our bindings are done by machine with straight grain binding. $1.50 per linear foot.
- We also offer bias binding, hand binding, and sewing the binding to the quilt top only (for you to finish by hand). Pricing on these varies with the quilt.
- Please bring in your binding fabric with the quilt top, or choose your fabric from the shop.
- Double check that you have enough fabric for binding. We use 2 1/2" strips when binding, and not all patterns will use this measurement in figuring their fabric requirements.
- Bring us the fabric as-is. Cutting and prepping the strips is included in the price.
- Trim Quilt (so it's ready for binding)
- Add a Rod Pocket
- Add a Label
Please feel free to CALL US with any questions. It is preferable to emailing regarding quilting services as there are so many variables and questions we may need to ask. If you call and ask for a quote, please have the quilt's exact measurements to get the most accurate pricing.
Quotes provided over the phone are not final. Quilt pricing is based on the quilt's size as measured on the quilt frame.
Quilt Preparation Tips to Make Your Project Look Its Best
- Make sure top lays flat and has minimal waviness of borders and center. If your top does not lay flat, you may end up with tucks and pleats after quilting.
- Make sure seams are secure. Do not have a seam allowance less than 1/4"
- Make sure top is pressed.
- Clip loose threads.
- If the top does not have borders, stay stitch less than 1/4" around the entire quilt top to prevent seams from separating.
- Square all edges.
- Make sure you have edges that are straight of grain or selvage. Tearing the fabric will help you find the straight edge.
- If back is pieced, the seams should be 1/4" - 3/8". Remove selvage edges from the inside of the backing; they should be left on the outer edges.
- For packaged batting: open your batting and lay it flat for a few days. This will help creases relax.
- Be wary when purchasing - some packaged cotton battings still have cotton seeds. These will wear holes in your quilt top over time.